Friday, March 28, 2014

Blue Dog Prints

Third Grade students learned about George Rodrigue and his "Blue Dog." Students learned that Rodrigue tells a story with his Blue Dog. Students also learned about how to create prints by carving an image into a piece of styrofoam and then inking the printing block with a brayer. They each created two prints. Finally, students wrote why they chose to print their Blue Dog with the color they chose.

I painted my blue dog purple because it is my friend's favorite color.
My blue dog is red because he is hot in the city.
What color is blue dog when I go swimming? Blue.


My blue dog is purple because he likes to eat eggplant.
Why is blue dog silver? Because he found silver.
What color is blue dog when there is a sunset by water? Turquoise.

No comments:

Post a Comment